|I need more information, Player.|
This data file is a stub. You can help the CrimeNet Global Network by expanding it.
|This article is about the character from the 2019 animated series. You may be looking for the character from the 1994 animated series.|
Zack and Ivy are originally from Boston, Massachusetts, a historic city in the US.
- 1 Personality
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Biography
- 4.1 Boston Championships
- 4.2 Meeting Carmen Sandiego
- 4.3 Capers
- 4.3.1 The Sticky Rice Caper
- 4.3.2 The Fishy Doubloon Caper
- 4.3.3 The Duke of Vermeer Caper
- 4.3.4 The Opera in the Outback Caper
- 4.3.5 The Chasing Paper Caper
- 4.3.6 The Lucky Cat Caper
- 4.3.7 The French Connection Caper
- 4.3.8 The Hot Rocks of Rio Caper
- 4.3.9 The Daisho Caper
- 4.3.10 The Fashionista Caper
- 4.3.11 The Boston Tea Party Caper
- 4.3.12 The Need for Speed Caper
- 4.3.13 The Crackle Goes Kiwi Caper
- 4.3.14 The Stockholm Syndrome Caper
- 4.3.15 The African Ice Caper
- 4.3.16 The Deep Dive Caper
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
Zack's personality can be described as being goofy and having a looser behavior compared to the others, but he has displayed determination under circumstances when he is needed. Despite his tendencies, he can be level-headed in capers and is surprisingly good at acting, even if he sometimes doesn't know what he's talking about (The Duke of Vermeer Caper). His confidence can sometimes convince the people he's lying to, such as when he lied to Dash Haber about being a Duke and when he convinced El Topo that "the dingoes [were] going crazy".
Like his sister, he has a thick Boston accent. He can be trained to speak in proper diction when the need calls for it—especially when he needs to go undercover. The accent, however, will waver from time to time.
Zack has a large appetite and will eat any food, except for fish. He also hates it when people call Boston "Beantown".
Like everyone on Carmen's team, he uses his thieving skills for good. He also acts as a getaway driver for Carmen when she escapes her capers, being a highly skilled driver of both cars and boats (and once a helicopter). Zack is a big fan of action movies. When Carmen buys Zack a car from one of his favorite movies using money from V.I.L.E., Zack ponders whether the car is capable of the feats in the movie.
Zack has red hair, although lighter than his sister's. He has light cornflower blue eyes and freckles sprinkled across his face. Zack is shown to be decently tall. He wears a white and red baseball jersey, a black long-sleeve undershirt, dark blue jeans, and grey sneakers.
Zack often serves as a getaway driver for Team Red, able to drive almost any vehicle or at least learn how to drive one very quickly. He can operate anything from cars, trucks, boats, race cars like the Al Sabaq 9000, to helicopters.
Zack is a skilled actor and can replicate other accents relatively consistently. He has taken on various false identities, such as a duke, museum curator, science intern, and guard.
Before meeting Carmen, Ivy and her brother Zack were race car drivers. They borrowed money from a man named Sharkhead Eddie to build their car. Ivy built the car they used, and Zack drove it. They moved from amateur tracks to the professional league, where Zack met Trey Sterling, his rival. Trey taunted Zack about his car and Zack wrecked it in a reckless attempt to beat Trey. Zack and Ivy asked Eddie for more money to repair the car, but he refused, instead telling them to rob a store that was most likely used as a drop off point for the mob to pay him back.
Meeting Carmen Sandiego
It was at this store, Darryl's Donut Hole, that they first encountered Carmen, who had to keep them safe as V.I.L.E. used the donut shop as a front for printing money with stolen treasury plates. V.I.L.E.'s plan was to print money as a way of buying prime real estate in Boston to expand their influence and enterprises. Despite Carmen's efforts to keep them away, the siblings still aided her in finding and destroying V.I.L.E.'s money printings, making their own tea party. Realizing they have nothing in Boston, and to avoid Eddie, the siblings opted to join Carmen on her globe trotting capers.
The Sticky Rice Caper
The Fishy Doubloon Caper
The Duke of Vermeer Caper
The Opera in the Outback Caper
The Chasing Paper Caper
The Lucky Cat Caper
The French Connection Caper
The Hot Rocks of Rio Caper
The Daisho Caper
The Fashionista Caper
The Boston Tea Party Caper
The Need for Speed Caper
The Crackle Goes Kiwi Caper
The Stockholm Syndrome Caper
The African Ice Caper
The Deep Dive Caper
- This version of Zack is a major departure from his other counterparts. In the original version, Zack and his sister, Ivy, work for the ACME Detective Agency whose main goal is to apprehend Carmen. In this version, Zack, while still heroic, is a professional thief who is actually aiding Carmen, who in this version is attempting to dismantle V.I.L.E.
- In the alternate ending for To Steal or Not To Steal, Ivy states that Zack "doesn't have a brain to wipe" and he agrees that they're just wasting electricity. This could mean that Zack is fully aware of his airheaded nature.
- If Zack hadn't crash his race car, Lydia, while trying to beat his rival Trey, it's possible he and Ivy never would have met Carmen on their first heist.
- Zack is always hungry in this incarnation, and Ivy often has to take charge in situations.
- His favorite movie series is Rouge Vendetta.
- Zack doesn't like fish, or the sea.
- Zack has never gone on a caper without the involvement of his sister, Ivy.
- In The Need for Speed Caper, Zack tells Trey Sterling that he is a duke, and Ivy a rocket scientist. These are references to the earlier episodes "The Duke of Vermeer Caper" and "The Opera in the Outback Caper" respectively.
- True to his role on the team, Zack is the only member to skillfully operate vehicles.
- Like Carmen, he is seen speaking multiple languages.
- Zack is one of the five members who have an evil counterpart in VILE: The Driver.
- Unlike the other relationships between his team and their counterparts, Zack and The Driver don't ever interact as enemies. This is because their only meeting was when they were undercover at a party.
- By the end of the series, he and Ivy become A.C.M.E. agents.
- During the finale, Ivy refers to Zack as "Chief's pet", indicating that he is favored by the head of A.C.M.E.
|Carmen Sandiego (2019) characters|
|Team Red||Carmen Sandiego • Player • Zack • Ivy • Shadowsan • Sonia • Hideo|
|A.C.M.E.||The Chief • Chase Devineaux • Julia Argent • Agent Zari • A.C.M.E Agent|
|V.I.L.E.||Faculty||Professor Maelstrom • Coach Brunt • Dr. Saira Bellum • Countess Cleo • Roundabout|
|Operatives||Crackle • Tigress • El Topo • Le Chevre • Dash Haber • Paper Star • Mime Bomb • The Cleaners • Cookie Booker • The Captain • Lady Dokuso • The Mechanic • The Driver • Neal the Eel • Moose Boy • Otter Man • Spinkick • Flytrap • Marta Contreras • The Troll|
|Others||Dr. Pilar Marquez • Miro • Dr. Jeanine Dennam • Sharkhead Eddie • Trey Sterling • Sterling Sterling • Ibrahim Al Sibaq • Commander • Interpol Supervisor • Dexter Wolfe • Vera Cruz • Lupe Peligro • Huang Li • Xifeng • Oxtail|