Episode 29 is the twenty-ninth episode of the first season of Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?
Sir Vile steals Oliver Evans' mill from Delaware in the mid-1780's.
After a Data Boost at the time of the crime, Kevin and the time pilots get a message from the Timenet Street Entertainers who give clues directing them to Highland Park, Michigan in 1913, when Henry Ford built a car factory.
After Global Pursuit through the decade between 1910 and 1920, Kevin and the pilots meet a 'sit-down' striker from General Motors, who gives clues directing them to 1937, where Sir Vile zaps their 'fact fuel'.
Following clues from Sir Vile, Kevin and the pilots follow him to the US in the 1980s, when robots on auto assembly lines malfunctioned, and they retrieve Oliver Evans' Mill.
Ali captures Sir Vile, but she ran the wrong way heading for the last portal that cost her valuable time to answer the final question allowing Carmen to escape.
- Allie Miller
- Dash Kelner
- Ian McGullem
Sketches and Pit Stops
- TimeNet Street Entertainers - 1913 (Henry Ford, who first used assembly lines that year)
- Cluefinder (sit-down striker) - 1937 (during a sit-down strike at General Motors in Flint, Michigan)
- VILE Villain Clue - 1980's (when robots on auto assembly lines malfunctioned)
History of Industrialization (Flight Plan)
- 1987: The industrial rock band Nine Inch Nails forms.
- 1955: Microsoft's co-founder Bill Gates is born.
- 1940: Women work in factories during World War II.
- 1913: Henry Ford first uses assembly lines to build his Model T cars.
- 1892: The Coca-Cola Company is established in Georgia.
- 1824: The first recorded strike in the U.S. that includes female employees
- 1807: Robert Fulton develops the first commercially successful steamboat.
- mid-1780's: Oliver Evans' mill has the first continual production line.
Trial Of Time Questions
Bold indicates correct answers.
Italics indicates incorrect answers.
Underline indicates the contestant answered the question after time ran out.
- It's 1845. Where are women protesting mill conditions?
- It's the year 1919. Where is Henry Ford building a factory?
- It's 1936. Who mocked the assembly lines in the film, "Modern Times"?
- Laurel and Hardy
- Charlie Chaplain
- It's 1937. Where do factory workers hold a sit-down strike?
- General Electric
- General Motors
- It's 1978. Who sings about working class struggles?
- Bruce Springsteen
- Janis Joplin
- It's 1986. What malfunctions on auto assembly lines?